One of the top reasons why I love blogging is that it becomes a great record. While many events don't make it to the blog, many do. The collage of photos above highlight 2012. Click on the image to see it larger. (These are not quite in chronological order but pretty darn close)
1. My year started with a photoshoot with my buddy Claudia in PORTSMOUTH.
2. In February I took my mother out for what was to be one of my last dinner outings with her. She really loved Chinese food.
3. I took a blog break in March for the BIG DIG and some decluttering.
4. This beautiful shot was from one of my FIRST DATES with Mr. Wonderful. Imagine a picnic under the pines on a mountain top. It was lovely.
5. Remembering my MOM. She passed unexpectedly in June.
6. Mr. Wonderful and I had a fun visit in MAINE with my new niece, Claire.
7. On my bucket list was to photograph a meadow of LUPINES. Check!
8. Mr. Wonderful is pictured here photographing a gorgeous blanket of FLOWERS that grows along the highway.
9. We love PICNICS. Here we are at one of my favorite places in Maine.
10. My maiden voyage! This was my first time PARAGLIDING.
11. I'm spoiled! This is what lunch looks like at my house. I'm so lucky that I can get HOME FOR LUNCH.
12. The BIG day. We had a lovely WEDDING to celebrate our love.
13. This is a rare treat to visit with my BROTHER and his family who live in Colorado.
14. AUTUMN in New England is spectacular. Our local cemetery was blanketed with colorful leaves.
15. We ended our year with many visits with FAMILY on both sides. Here we are with Fernando's family.
As I look back on this year there have been so many adventures and so many changes. My word for 2012 was EMBRACE. It was a good word that helped me to lean in especially when things were challenging.
How was your 2012? What were your highlights?
Here's to looking back as we prepare to move forward.
Kathryn Costa, Collage Diva